What is the Utah Pride Road Rally 2020?
October 11, 2020
While the annual Utah Pride Festival was canceled this year due to COVID-19, the Road Rally is the Utah Pride Center’s creative solution giving our community a socially distanced way to celebrate and support the life-saving services of the Pride Center.
The Road Rally is set to “Come Out & Drag Main” in downtown Salt Lake City starting at 9 a.m. on Sunday, Oct. 11—National Coming Out Day—and will include teams gathered from Ogden to Provo and beyond.
The University of Utah will have a team in the Road Rally, which any university department is welcome to join.
If you want your department to get involved and show support for our Utah LGBTQIA+ communities, keep reading for how to register and be part of the U of U Team in the Road Rally!
Expectations of Departments Participating
- Departments can register one or more vehicles in the Road Rally as part of the University of Utah Team. (Costs of registration listed in the FAQs below).
- Departments are responsible for identifying drivers of their vehicle(s), decorating their vehicle(s), and costs associated with registration, printing signage, etc.
- Departments will follow current university and Salt Lake County guidelines related to social distancing, face coverings, vehicle capacity, etc. Departments are responsible for reviewing these guidelines and reaching out to their leadership to answer any questions about their participation in the Road Rally.
- Departments will delegate one point of contact to register in the Road Rally.
- Department point of contact will communicate with their team members on how to register additional passengers and be accountable for knowing the capacity they have in their registered vehicle(s).
- Departments will meet at the Road Rally rendezvous site 03 (in Downtown SLC; see map) at 9 a.m. (450 South 250 East at the Utah State Board of Education interior parking lot).
See this quick tip sheet for step-by-step instructions for registering under the University of Utah Team.
Motorcycle w/Driver ($15)
Green Standard Vehicle w/Driver ($20)
Gas/Diesel Standard Vehicle w/Driver ($25)
Green Oversized Vehicle w/Driver ($40)
Gas/Diesel Oversized w/Driver ($50)
Passenger Team Member ($5)
Virtual Team Member ($0)
Save $25 by using Promo Code: UOFUPRIDE
Reach out to your department’s point of contact who registered and request to be added as a passenger or virtual team member.
- A passenger is someone who will be present in one of the vehicles your department registered.
- A virtual team member will not participate the day of but will help your department fundraise.
- First: Encourage your department chair/head to register!
- Join the main U of U Team as a virtual team member, no department registration needed. (See below.)
- Donate! (See below.)
- Share the rally event on social and encourage others to participate and/or donate!
- Share the virtual watch party on social and encourage others to watch and donate!
- Volunteer! Use this link to signup: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?ap=2049260314
You can donate to the University of Utah’s team to help us fundraise for the Utah Pride Center OR you can register as a virtual team member under the University of Utah Team, create your own fundraising page there (it’s super easy!) and share with your networks to help us fundraise.